Monday, October 4, 2010

New Nike5 Collection

About 10 days ago Nike rolled out is new collection of Nike5 shoes providing players with options based on the surface they are playing on. Initiatives like this give me hope that there is a market for the type of facility I would like to open.


"Players are bound to find a boot to fit their game, with a collection of boots led by the Nike5 Bomba Finale (cage), Nike5 Elastico Finale (caneta) and Nike5 LunarGato (sala). With a range of surfaces and game styles the Nike5 footwear is designed to the exact specifications of specific small sided games. Cage is typically played on artificial surfaces, including indoor and outdoor games in Europe, Central America and North America. Caneta is primarily played on indoor courts, while Sala is played on hard surfaces such as dirt and hard courts; both originate from Latin America. These homegrown games are quickly expanding around the world."
-Nike Media Website

Depending on the field surface at my location, the Elastico Finale or the LunarGato would be the boots of choice. I'm hoping to get my hands on a few of these shoes soon and I'll be sure to let you know how they perform. The Bomba Finales would be the obvious choice for turf facilities like SoccerPlex, Portland Indoor, and Tualatin Indoor. Although I'd like to get all three!!

No comments:

Post a Comment